Met Life is a major expatriate group insurance provider based in the USA that offers international employee benefit plans to global companies and organizations with expat employees around the world. Expat Financial is pleased to be able to source the Met Life international benefit plans for Canadian based companies with more than 2 expat employees as long as the company has a minimum of 35 employees (locals & expats) worldwide.
The Met Life expat group plan is offered as the Voyageur Global Benefit plan through Empire Life and is effectively run and administered by Met Life. Empire Life is a Canadian insurer and is rated A (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
The Met Life Voyageur Global Benefits offers Canadian expat employers a comprehensive, flexible range of benefits that can be tailored to meet the needs of your global expat employees. The expat group insurance plans can provide a very high level of coverage, including coverage for pre-existing medical conditions and maternity cover without a waiting period. The group plans we can offer from Met Life can include:
- Life and AD&D Coverage
- International Health Insurance
- Dental & Vision
- Medical Evacuation
MetLife Expatriate Benefits will provide administration for Voyageur Global Benefits and deliver world-class service. MetLife administers the employee benefits of thousands of expatriates around the world with 1.1 million direct pay medical providers in approximately 180 countries with more than 185K in the USA. The plans that our firm can access for clients from Met Life are very comprehensive and can compete with other expat providers such as Cigna & BUPA.
Types of employees that can be insured by Met Life / Empire Life via Expat Financial:
- Expat – Canadian based employee on assignment outside Canada for more than six months
- Rotators – Employee on assignment who alternates between Canada and foreign work location for specified periods of time
- Inpatriate – Non – Canadian based employee working on temporary work assignments in Canada
- Third – Country National – Non-Canadian based employee sent on temporary work assignment to a country other than Canada
- Key local national – A key foreign employee working in their home country for a multi-national company. Available in select countries where regulations permit.
- Short to Medium term business traveler – Employee on a business assignment outside of Canada for under 180 days per year.
Contact us today for a review of your expatriate group insurance needs and to learn more about Met Life Voyageur Global Benefits plan. Feel free to email us your requirements and census data, including any relevant details on your existing policy. Final coverage and terms are dependent on the decisions from the Met Life underwriters.
Note that TFG Global Insurance Solutions Ltd. and Expat Financial are in no way affiliated with Met Life. We are one of their brokers. If you have a claim, please contact Met Life directly.