Recent Media Coverage of Expat Financial & TFG Global Insurance Solutions Ltd.
Please find below a list of various articles and speaking engagements for Expat Financial and its owner TFG Global Insurance Solutions Ltd.. Expat Financial is a leader in the international insurance market. You can check here for news and interesting articles on international insurance issues such as international health insurance. You can also view our corporate presentation in PDF format.
- PR Log Press Release Page for the most recent news releases from our company.
- David Tompkins was recently interviewed by The Canadian Expatriate on “How Do You Save Money On Global Health Insurance?” in March 2020.
- David Tompkins was interviewed by the NY Times for an article published on July 18, 2019: “Dream of Retiring Abroad? The Reality: Medicare Doesn’t Travel Well”
- David Tompkins wrote on international health insurance in the Trowbridge Wanderlust Magazine – July 2018.
- David Tompkins wrote an article on International Health Insurance for BR Anchor Relocation Magazine March 2018 newsletter.
- David Tompkins, President of TFG Global Insurance Solutions Ltd, which operates Expat Financial, was interviewed by the Globe & Mail (Canada’s national newspaper) on August 26th, 2016. You can view the article HERE.
- David Tompkins was recently interviewed by Risk Africa magazine in December 2015. The article was called Cracking 0.1 per cent – expat insurance in Nigeria and dealt with the insurance for expatriates and high net worth individuals in Nigeria. Risk Africa is a leading business risk and insurance magazine in Africa.
- David Tompkins spoke at both the Vancouver and Toronto Global Workforce Planning conference in June 2015. David provided a detailed presentation on “The Ins and Outs of an International Benefits Program for Expat Employers.” The conference was arranged by Global Business News.
- David Tompkins, President of TFG Global, wrote an article on International Health Insurance for Branchor Publishing, an expatriate relocation website and newsletter.
- David Tompkins, President of TFG Global, was recently interviewed by Bankrate.com for the article “Insurance for aid workers in harms way” on September 25, 2014. Bankrate, Inc. is a consumer financial services company based in North Palm Beach, Florida, in the United States. Bankrate.com, perhaps its best-known brand, is a personal finance website.
- Wrote an article for International HR Magazine in Autumn 2013 for an article on “Special & High-Risk Insurance”
- David Tompkins, President of TFG Global Insurance Solutions Ltd., was interviewed Douglas Goldstein on July 2012 on Arutz Sheva, the Israel National Radio business show Goldstein on Gelt. You can listen to the interview by clicking HERE.
- Presented at Aid & International Development Forum – David Tompkins spoke at the AIDF conference in Washington, D.C. on July 23rd on the “Insurance Challenges for International Aid Organizations“
- Covering Expatriate Employees – Article by David Tompkins appeared in January 2010 of Advisors Edge Report magazine.
- David Tompkins, President of TFG Global Insurance Solutions Ltd., spoke at the Calgary Advocis association meeting on September 17th, 2008 on the international insurance market and the opportunities for insurance brokers.
- International Health Insurance for Expatriates in Mexico – Article in San Felipe Magazine – August 2007 Issue.
- International Insurance Market – David Tompkins, owner of Expat Financial spoke on international insurance issues at Advocis Toronto meeting on September 21, 2006.
- Understanding What Is Necessary When Creating an International Group Insurance Plan – copy of article written by David Tompkins. Appearing in the January 2005 International Insurance Quarterly Section Newsletter, which is published by Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters (CPCU) Society.
- “Weighing up risks” – Asia-Pacific Development Review. 2005. Issue 2.1. David Tompkins and TFG Global were featured in this interesting article on special risks insurance. Operating in developing countries presents many risks for both donors and companies – but insurance companies are here to minimize them.
- International Health Insurance – Article written by David Tompkins. November 2004.
- Expatriate Group Insurance – An Overview – article written by David Tompkins and appeared in Bound4 – Summer 2003
- Readers Digest: New Choices Magazine – “When foreign shores beckon” by Ellen Hoffman. September 2001.
- International Expatriate Benefit Plans – article written by David Tompkins and appeared in Canadian Residents Abroad Magazine – Spring 2001.
- David Tompkins spoke to Canadian Association of Insurance & Financial Advisors (CAIFA)’s Surrey and Vancouver branches on February 28th and March 1st/2001.
- David Tompkins was quoted in Advisor.ca Advisor’s Edge Magazine – February 2001 issue. See article online.
- Global Health Insurance Solutions for Expatriates & Global Nomads – Written by David Tompkins and appeared in Branchor Relocation Magazine, Monthly International Relocation Newsletter Vol.2, no.12 December 2000
- Expatriate Insurance – article was written by David Tompkins – As appeared in Relocation 2000’s monthly International Relocation Newsletter, vol. 2, no. 12 December 2000.
- David Tompkins spoke on October 26, 2000 on Expatriate Group Insurance for the Organization Resources Counselors (ORC) in Vancouver, BC, Canada. ORC is a foreign human resources organization for Fortune 500 companies in Canada and USA who have employees overseas.
- International Health Insurance Plans, FORUM magazine, January 2000, Article written by David Tompkins.
- Expatriate Group Plans, Offshore Finance Canada, July/August 1998 – OFC Article #1
- International Expatriate Benefit Plans (For Individuals), Offshore Finance Canada, September/October 1998 – OFC Article #2
If you wish to contact Expat Financial or write an article on expatriate / international insurance issues, please check out our Contact Page.
Join our quarterly newsletter and receive important financial and lifestyle advice for individual expats & their employers: