The plan provides flexible underwriting methods to extend coverage to you. Your application may be underwritten by Standard Underwriting or the Flexible Underwriting Rider.
Standard Issuance – There are two levels of underwriting when all medical conditions have been disclosed and they have not been specifically excluded or restricted by a rider (subject to the foregoing limits and the other terms of the plan*).
The Silver, Gold and Gold Plus plan options provide a $50,000 lifetime benefit for eligible pre-existing conditions that existed at or prior to the effective date, subject to a maximum of $5,000 per period of coverage after coverage has been in effect for 24 continuous months. This benefit is payable whether or not you have received consultation or treatment for the condition(s) during the 24-month period of continuous coverage.
The following illnesses which exist, manifest themselves, are treated or have treatment recommended prior to or during the first 180 days of coverage from the initial effective date are considered pre-existing conditions and are subject to the waiting period and other limitations of coverage described above: acne, asthma, allergies, tonsillectomy, back conditions, adenoidectomy, hemorrhoids or hemorrhoidectomy, disorders of the reproductive system, hysterectomy, hernia, gall bladder or gall stones and kidney stones, any condition of the breast, and any condition of the prostate.
On the Platinum plan option, conditions that are fully disclosed on the application and have not been excluded or restricted by a rider may be covered the same as any illness. Conditions, including any complications therefrom, that are not fully disclosed on the application will not be covered. This will be up to IMG to determine and it is their decision to make.
Flexible Underwriting Rider – Where you may have otherwise been declined for coverage, the Flexible Underwriting Rider allows us to extend coverage to you. After 24 months of continuous coverage, a disclosed pre-existing condition which has not been specifically excluded by a rider will be covered as any other pre-existing condition so long as in that 24 month period no treatment has been received for that condition. If treatment has been sought or should have been sought, then the 24 month period starts over from the treatment date.
Other Exclusions & Limitations*
- Adult routine physical examinations are excluded under the Silver plan option, and for the first 12 months for the Gold, Gold Plus and Platinum plan options
- Out-patient mental and nervous is excluded for the first 12 months on all plan options
- In-patient mental and nervous is excluded under the Silver plan option and for the first 12 months for the Gold, Gold Plus and Platinum plan options
- Maternity, newborn and congenital care (unless the maternity rider or Platinum plan option is purchased – see Benefits page by clicking link above) Note: maternity expenses including prenatal, delivery, postnatal, newborn and congenital disorders are excluded when the pregnancy is a result of fertility treatment
- Organ transplants not specifically listed
- Devices to correct sight or hearing are excluded under the Silver, Gold and Gold Plus plan options
- Treatment or supplies not medically necessary
- Treatment not ordered or received by a physician
- Treatment by a relative or family member
- Treatment as a result of war, riot, or terrorism
- Treatment resulting from illegal activities
- Organized amateur or professional sports
- Services and treatment eligible for payment by any government or other insurance
- Investigational, experimental or research procedures
- Routine foot care
- Elective cosmetic or plastic surgery
- Drug and alcohol abuse treatment
- Speech therapy
- Custodial care
- Weight modification
- Treatment of impotency
- Contraceptive medication or treatment
- Persons HIV+ at effective date
* This Web page contains only a consolidated and summary description of all current benefits, conditions, limitations and exclusions. A certificate containing the complete Certificate Wording with all terms, conditions and exclusions will be included in the fulfillment kit. These plans are amended, modified or replaced from time to time, and IMG reserves the right to issue the most current Certificate Wording for this insurance plan in the event this Web page, application, and/or brochure has expired, is modified, or is replaced with a newer version. Current Certificate Wordings are available upon request.
*See policy wording for complete list of exclusions and limitations. Download Brochure or request policy contract.
Note: The policies via TFG Global Insurance Solutions Ltd. and its related web sites offer are not available to citizens currently residing in the USA. If you are currently in the USA, click HERE to be connected to the US travel insurance web site from Orion International Insurance Services. You can obtain the IMG Global Medical Insurance plan there.
IMG Global Medical Insurance Plan Menu
GMI Home : Plan Administration : Underwriter : Benefits : Medical Evacuation : Claims : Life & Daily Indemnity : Eligibility : Exclusions : PPO Network : Plan Highlights : Global Senior Plan : How to Apply : Premiums : Print Application : Apply Online
Note: Some of the products and services described or advertised on this site may not be available to residents of certain jurisdictions, depending on regulatory constraints, including Canada and the U.S. Please contact Expat Financial for more information about your specific jurisdiction. SOME of the the above coverage is NOT available to residents in British Columbia, Canada or Florida.