Generally speaking, Canada has one of the most positive immigration policies around the globe. Canada has a high standard of living, free in public education till Grade 12th, many job opportunities, supporting environment for entrepreneurs, etc…. We will discuss how to immigrant to Canada. For a detailed introduction, please visit the Government of Canada – Immigration and Citizenship site and also talk to your legal advisor as the information provided on this site is general in nature.
- Go to Canada’s official Immigration and citizenship site to complete an online form to see what programs you may be eligible for;
- Canada government also choose skilled immigrants as permanent residents based on their ability to settle in Canada. To check eligibility, please visit Immigrate as a Skilled worker through Express Entry;
- Talk to an experienced Canadian immigration lawyer
- To apply for Quebec – selected skilled workers, please visit Determine your eligibility page;
- Or join the Immigrant Investor Venture Capital Pilot Program;
- If you are a foreign national who is self-employed, you might be eligible to apply for immigration as a Self-employed person. Please visit the official site for information on how to apply, relevant experience, selection criteria and more.
Bring International Health Insurance With You
If you plan to live and work in Canada for some time, it is strongly suggested that you should obtain quality expat health insurance. It can be very expensive for emergency treatment and medications in Canadian hospitals. It is critical that you purchase international health insurance plan that will not only cover you in Canada but globally as well – including back home. Once you are eligible for local healthcare under Canada’s comprehensive universal health care system, you may choose to cancel your global healthcare. The healthcare in Canada is organized and run by the provincial governments. Once you are covered by a provincial health plan, you can purchase an individual extended health plan via TFG Global.
Expat Financial offers several different international health insurance plans for expatriates of any nationality across the world. We also offer excellent service before and after you purchase your international health insurance plan. Our firm is also very experienced in sourcing group plans for multinational firms with expats in China. If you have questions about our international medical insurance plans or you want to discuss your unique needs and produce a customized expat quote, please contact us or complete the quote form.