Global Medical Insurance covers the Usual, Reasonable and Customary (URC) charges for eligible expenses in the area where you receive treatment. Each person will only need to satisfy their deductible once per period of coverage (12 months) with a maximum of three deductibles per family.
This program is quite versatile and tailored for you so you can easily design the benefits package that you need. The program provides comprehensive benefits suitable for individuals and families, fully portable 24 hour coverage and the peace of mind you need. You can build your plan by reviewing and choosing from the coverage options and services available. More detailed benefit and service descriptions are provided in the links to the right. Please refer to those companion links while reviewing the information herein.
Global Medical Insurance Flexible Benefits
- Silver plan option – Affordable medical security designed for the more budget-conscious consumer and those planning to receive care in lower cost areas of the world. Silver offers a wide range of scheduled benefits equipped to meet your essential needs.
- Gold plan option – Ideally suited for those who desire full major medical coverage but for a limited period of time. Gold provides comprehensive benefits for the first three years of coverage. After three years, certain benefits and lifetime maximums are reduced (see Benefits). As a result, Gold is priced more competitively than the Gold Plus option.
- Gold Plus plan option – Comprehensive major medical plan designed for people who need long-term coverage. Benefit levels continue beyond year three as long as the coverage remains in effect.
- Platinum plan option -Provides the superior benefits package for the most discerning global consumer. Platinum offers a package of enhanced benefits and services. It is designed for the client who wants the convenience of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits in one plan.
- Optional Riders – All plan options offer additional, optional coverages.
- Global Term Life InsuranceSM (including AD&D)
- Daily IndemnitySM
- Maternity (Silver, Gold & Gold Plus plan options)
- Terrorism (Platinum plan option)
- Sports (Platinum plan option)
Coverage Area Options/Budget
- Two coverage areas: Worldwide or Worldwide Excluding the U.S., Canada, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Macau, Singapore, and Taiwan – You have the opportunity to select the coverage area that best reflects your geographic area of need. Each provides full coverage, but premiums reflect the cost of care in different parts of the world. Regardless of the coverage area you choose, you maintain the freedom to choose your own provider.
- Multiple deductible options – To accommodate your financial resources, you can select from seven different deductible options – all providing different premium levels. Additionally, your deductible can be reduced up to 50% to a $2,500 maximum (see Benefits).
- No additional cost for children – No matter the plan option or coverage area you choose, if you are a family, the family premium covers the first two children between 14 days and 9 years at no additional cost for the first year (see Additional Coverage Information). This is a valuable savings for any budget.
- Four premium modes – Schedule the frequency of payment that meets your means.
Underwriting to Fit Your Needs
We have earned our reputation for excellence in the international community by maintaining the ability to be flexible and respond to our clients’ needs. Understanding that everyone has a unique medical background, with Global Medical Insurance we have developed multiple ways to administer coverage to you where you may have been declined by other companies.
Your application will be reviewed based on the full disclosure of your medical history that you provide.
- Standard underwriting – Standard underwriting provides the full pre-exisiting conditions benefit as outlined on Flexible Underwriting page.
- Exclusionary rider(s) – With an exclusionary rider, we are able to extend coverage for your medical needs, with the exception of the specific excluded condition named in the rider. This allows standard pre-existing condition benefits for non-ridered conditions that may otherwise have been declined.
- Flexible underwriting rider – The flexible underwriting rider will allow us to extend coverage to you even if you have signifigant, ongoing, and/or chronic pre-existing conditions. For a nominal annual administration fee, coverage is extended for a pre-existing condition following 24 months of continuous coverage, during which you are symptom, advice or treatment free for that particular condition.
For further underwriting information, please refer to Flexible Underwriting.
* For convenience, all amounts listed are in U.S. dollars
IMG Global Medical Insurance Plan Menu
GMI Home : Plan Administration : Underwriter : Benefits : Medical Evacuation : Claims : Life & Daily Indemnity : Eligibility : Exclusions : PPO Network : Plan Highlights : Global Senior Plan : How to Apply : Premiums : Print Application : Apply Online
Note: Some of the products and services described or advertised on this site may not be available to residents of certain jurisdictions, depending on regulatory constraints, including Canada and the U.S. Please contact Expat Financial for more information about your specific jurisdiction. SOME of the the above coverage is NOT available to residents in British Columbia. If you are currently residing in the USA, please contact us before applying.