GeoBlue Xplorer Plan
GeoBlue provides comprehensive, international health plans for US expatriates living outside of the USA. GeoBlue offers a plan called ‘GeoBlue Xplorer’ (previously HTH Global Citizen) which offers two separate levels of cover – Essential & Select for those excluding cover in the USA and the Xplorer Premier plan for covering including the USA. The GeoBlue plan was previously branded by HTH Worldwide.
The Xplorer plan is an annual plan that includes comprehensive, major medical coverage inside and outside the U.S. It is designed for individuals and their families. It offers the security of a US underwriter and administrator that has met the standards of state regulators and thus features coverage more generous than plans sold as non-admitted ‘surplus’ coverage. Click HERE for 5 reasons to get the GeoBlue expat health plan. GeoBlue does offer an Xplorer Select plan for anyone planning to keep their US health plan in place. Since a US health plan will remain in place, GeoBlue may be able to offer expedited underwriting under the Xplorer Select plan. Within the quoting tool below, simply answer “yes” to “Keeping US primary health plan?”
The policies we offer are not available from TFG Global Insurance Solutions Ltd. to citizens currently residing in the USA. If you are in the USA, please contact us and we will refer you to a US based broker.
You can then fax to: 1-610-293-3529 and post original to our office or to:
GeoBlue, 1 Radnor Corporate Center, Suite 100, Radnor, PA 19087, USA
OR you can get quote, information and apply online today.
The plan you are enrolling in is currently exempted under the Affordable Care Act (ACA). The plan is not PPACA compliant (Obama Care). The GeoBlue plan is not HIPPA or COBRA compliant. GeoBlue does follow HIPPA laws. See ACA FAQ’s HERE or the GeoBlue ACA page.
Eligible Participants & Application Instructions
To be eligible for the GeoBlue Xplorer health plan, Eligible Participants must be:
- An expat age 74 or younger at the time of purchase. Plan provides coverage up to a maximum age 83.
- Coverage subject to approval by HTH’s underwriter and also subject to medical underwriting.
- What zip code applies when applying from overseas? Use “0”
NOTE: GeoBlue Xplorer Plans are not guaranteed issue plans. Each application is medically underwritten and cover and premiums are subject to GeoBlue underwriter approval. Your application may be 1) accepted, 2) accepted with a rate increase due to your health status, or 3) denied. Also, the GeoBlue Plans are not PPACA compliant and not available through our firm if you are currently residing in the USA.
Travel to Certain Countries: Note that if you will be traveling to the following countries, GeoBlue will not be able to cover you: Israel, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Cuba, North Korea, Somali, Sudan, Palestine, Chad, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ivory Coast, Libya, Nigeria, Yemen, Liberia, Guinea, Sierra Leon, Syria. This list is subject to change at any time. See current list by clicking HERE.
The Washington D.C. zip code that applies is 20036.
All U.S. citizens living abroad who are 74 or younger at the time of application are eligible to apply for coverage. Policies for U.S. citizens residing overseas are issued through the Global Citizens Association office in Washington D.C. When you apply for coverage you become a member of the Association. If you are not in one of the states below, you must already be living abroad. You can then use the following address for application purposes: Global Citizens Association, 1100 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Suite 1000,Washington, DC 20036
Please indicate the zip code in your home area.
All U.S. citizens living abroad who are 74 or younger at the time of application are eligible to apply for coverage.
IF you are residing in the USA, please contact us for a referral to an GEO Blue broker based in the USA.
Coverage may not be available in all states. The above list is subject to change without notice.
For US citizens, you can only apply via our web page if you are already living outside of the USA.
- Will my pre-existing condition be covered under a Global Citizen plan?
GeoBue Xplorer is administered using HIPAA-guidelines. If you were previously covered by an annually renewable U.S. health plan that issues you a Certificate of Creditable Coverage, GeoBlue may credit you for this prior coverage. The number months of coverage shown on the Certificate will reduce or eliminate the six-month pre-existing condition waiting period. If you have six or more months of creditable coverage, your waiting period will be eliminated. If you have less than six months creditable coverage, your waiting period will be reduced by the number of months you had creditable coverage. For example, if you have two months of creditable coverage, your waiting period will be reduced from six months to four months. More detailed info on the policy contract.
Eligible Family for GeoBlue Xplorer Plan
Family members included in the plan must be Eligible Dependents. An Eligible Dependent means a person who is the Eligible Participant’s spouse age 74 or less and/or:
- unmarried natural child, stepchild or legally adopted child who has not yet reached age 19;
- own or spouse’s own unmarried child, of any age, enrolled prior to age 26, who is incapable of self support due to continuing mental retardation or physical disability and who is chiefly dependent on the Eligible Participant. The Insurer requires written proof from a Physician of such disability and dependency within 31 days of the child’s 26th birthday and annually thereafter.
- unmarried child, from their 19th to their 22nd birthday who is a full-time student attending an accredited college, university, vocational or technical school, and who is fully dependent upon the Eligible Participant for support. The Insurer may require proof of student status, but not more than once a Year;
- grandchild, niece or nephew who otherwise qualifies as a dependent child, if: (i) the child is under the primary care of the Insured Participant; and (ii) the legal guardian of the child, if other than the Insured Participant, is not covered by an accident or sickness policy.
The term “primary care” means that the Insured Participant provides food, clothing and shelter on a regular and continuous basis during the time that public schools are in regular session.
A person may not be an Insured Dependent for more than one Insured Participant.
Eligible Dependents must be residents (either U.S. citizens or foreign nationals) of the U.S.
Maternity Benefits of GeoBlue Xplorer Plan
New applicants are ineligible for maternity benefits in the first 12 months of coverage under the GeoBlue Xplorer EXP plans:
- After 12 months of continuous coverage a female member can choose to upgrade to a plan with maternity benefits.
- In order to qualify for the maternity benefit upgrade, an applicant must complete a health statement indicating that they are not pregnant at time of upgrade.
- After upgrading, members will be entitled to a lifetime maximum of $5,000,000 of maternity benefits. Newborn children will be covered automatically in the first 31 days. Well baby visits will be covered up to the policy maximum without a waiting period. Note that you should confirm with GeoBlue if a pregnancy will be covered not as their plan terms may have changed or your situation might not be applicable.
Strength of an American Underwriter & Superior Claims Handling
GeoBlue is the trade name for the international health insurance programs of Worldwide Insurance Services, an independent licensee of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association. For members choosing a GeoBlue plan that offers benefits in the United States, you gain access to the largest national network and facilities that have been awarded the coveted Blue Distinction for superior medical outcomes. In the U.S., more than 80 percent of physicians and 90 percent of hospitals contract directly with Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans. GeoBlue also has an elite network of doctors from most every specialty ready to see you in over 180 countries.
Please apply online today:
- GeoBlue Xplorer Select (excludes US coverage)
- GeoBlue Xplorer Essential (excludes US coverage)
- GeoBlue Xplorer Premier (includes USA Coverage)
Contact us for more information on the GeoBlue plans.