Expat Financial offers the Cigna International Global Health Options plans to expatriates and some local nationals in select countries. Cigna offers a comprehensive expat health insurance plan that can be tailored to meet your needs and protect you and your family while living and working abroad. There are many options to meet almost any budget. The Cigna international health insurance plan is a great choice for individual expatriates.
The Cigna plan provides expatriates access to over 900,000 hospitals, clinics, and medical practitioners. It is one of the largest health insurance companies in the world with over 60 million clients and including 700,000 expat members. The expat health plan offers three distinct levels of cover: Silver, Gold, and Platinum. Also, check out our FAQs page for the Cigna Global Health Options plan.
The Cigna global medical insurance plan offers very generous benefits with excellent claims and administration. You can rest assured that you are covered by a large global insurance company backed by superior underwriting and service. Obtain a quote and even purchase online. The plan is not available to local nationals residing in their country of citizenship, except for locals UK. IF you are an expat in Hong Kong, Singapore or Indonesia, please request an online quote for the Allianz plan we offer HERE.
The Cigna Global Health Options plan offers individual expatriates and those with families a high level of coverage with generous limits and a direct reimbursement philosophy where possible. The Cigna expat health plan has several deductible levels to choose from. The plan covers you worldwide except in the USA unless you add the optional benefit.
The plan offers in-patient coverage that includes:
- Excellent hospital coverage for inpatient and day-patient care
- Free choice of doctors or hospitals outside the USA and access to a very large global medical network for cashless claiming. See the Customer Guide for more details.
- Extensive cancer coverage
- Free Telemedicine via Cigna provided App – Video chat with a doctor for a free consultation.
- Extensive psychiatric treatment
- Parent and baby care. Maternity can be covered after a waiting period for the Gold and Platinum plans only
- Up to 180 days of coverage in your country of citizenship per policy year
- Emergency travel medical coverage for the United States if USA coverage option is not chosen up to a set amount of days as per the plan terms and conditions.
- Cigna Global Health Options Plan Service & Support Features
Cancellation Policy For Cigna:
Any customer can cancel their policy within the first 14 days and receive a full refund (as long as no claims have been made). After the 14 days cool off has ended the customer can still cancel by sending CIGNA 7 days notice in writing. They will only be charged for their time on cover. This is subject to no claims being made on the policy and this is reviewed by Cigna on an individual basis. The Cigna plan is meant for people who are living abroad for a year or more. It is NOT a short term travel medical insurance plan & is not meant for people stranded by the pandemic. The Cigna plan has no COVID-19 exclusion assuming you are not infected at the time of application/start date.
If you are an expatriate, then you can apply and be covered subject to final approval by Cigna. An expatriate is a person residing in a country other than his or her citizenship. The Cigna plan is not available to expatriates living in certain countries, including Iraq, Iran, DRC, Afghanistan, North Korea, Sudan or Syria. The plan can cover you for a maximum of 180 days per policy year in your country of citizenship and some hazardous sports and occupations may be excluded as per the plan terms and conditions which you should read carefully. If you are an expat living in Hong Kong or Indonesia, contact us for an alternate solution.