Expat Financial offers several different international health insurance plans for expatriates of any nationality across the world. We offer plans from several different international health insurance companies that are designed for foreign nationals living outside the country for which they hold a passport or some local national living outside US or Canada. We also offer excellent service before and after you purchase your international health insurance plan. If you have questions about our international medical insurance plans or you want to discuss your needs and produce a customized quote, please contact us or complete the quote form.
Please find below a list of the expat health insurance providers that we offer. You can click on one of the plans to learn more and even obtain a quote and apply online:
Product Summaries, Brochures & Applications Available
Global Medical For Local Nationals
If you are not an expatriate, Expat Financial does offers a wide range of international health plans for the some local citizens who wants portable and international coverage. Many local nationals want to obtain insurance that will allow for treatment in foreign countries, such as the USA, England and Australia. Others locals may live in countries which have a limited or insolvent insurance industry and want to deal with a large global company. Please contact us for a list of plans available for local nationals in select countries.
Independent Insurance Broker
When you live abroad, one of the most important financial considerations is how to protect you and your family’s health. Without proper coverage, an illness or injury abroad can turn into a financial disaster! Expat Financial doesn’t represent just one insurance company plan. Instead we place your interests first by shopping the marketplace for the plan that meets your needs and budget. From basic to deluxe expat health insurance plans, we’ve got you covered. We do not charge a fee for our expat health insurance services as we are compensated by the insurer you choose – insurer charges the same rates if you purchase directly.
Two Featured International Health Insurance Plans – IMG and ihi BUPA
Various Long Term Expatriate / International Health Insurance Plan Brochures, Applications and Terms and Conditions
International Medical Group (IMG) Global Medical Plan
The IMG Global Medical Insurance plan is for international citizens and expatriates who want:
- Flexible, comprehensive medical coverage as noted in brochure.
- Coverage for individuals and families
- Four unique plan designs – Silver, Gold, Gold Plus and Platinum
- Optional riders: Global Term Life Insurance, Global Daily Indemnity, Dental, Maternity, Terrorism, Sports
- Choose your area of coverage (worldwide or worldwide excluding the U.S., Canada, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Macau, Singapore, and Taiwan)
- Select from multiple deductible options
- Family premium covers first two children between 14 days and 9 years at no additional cost for the first year
- Choose from several payment modes
- Multiple underwriting options to fit your needs
- Freedom to choose your provider
- Access to two extensive provider networks
- Emergency Medical Evacuation and other evacuation benefits
- Medical Concierge Program
- Medical professionals to coordinate your care
- 24 hour access to information
For all the information in HTML format that you can print off your browser, click
OR Download plan info, rates & applications here:
BUPA Global International Health & Hospital Plan (IHHP)
This comprehensive medical plan is for international citizens & expatriates who want:
- Choice of ZERO, $400 or $1600, $5000 & $10,000 USD deductible
- Many Coverage choices offered – Choice of In-Patient Only (hospital), In & Out-Patient and ability to add Medicine & Appliances such as hearing aids
- Medical evacuation is an option
- 100% coverage of most expenses regardless of where you seek treatment, including in the USA
- Overall policy maximum of $1.5 Million USD per person per policy year.
- Free choice of hospitals, clinics and doctors
- Ability to keep the plan for life
- All nationalities considered
- Premiums are age related only, not based on country of residence
- Possibility of obtaining cover in spite of most pre-existing conditions, either with no extra charge, a surcharge or with an exclusion
- Greater portability and ability to take plan home, even to USA, if your local state permits
- Great for seniors – can apply up to age 79! (extra premium loading for over those age 60 or above)
- Option for Vision and Dental coverage
- Optional Personal Accident and Critical Illness cover available
- Maternity coverage (see brochure) – only applies after policy in-force for more than 12 months
- Children up to age 9 are covered for free – up to 4 children under 10 years per family (2 per paying insured) are covered free of charge – children covered immediately at birth
- Premiums in USD, Euro or GBP
- SEE Brochure Terms & Conditions for Full Details as above is just a summary and subject to contract issued by ihi BUPA, now called BUPA Global.
- DOWNLOAD Brochure & Terms/Conditions for Full Details
- Download IHHP Premiums in USD or in Euro
- Submit Application to our office via post, email, courier or fax.
For your protection, all insurance premiums are payable direct to insurance company or plan administrator by credit card, check or money order. Claims inquiries should be made directly to insurance company and/or plan administrator. Remember to pre-certify claims where possible. Most plans will settle claims in any freely convertible currency. Note that the ihi BUPA IHHP plan is not available for sale in the following countries: Latin America, Germany, USA, Canada, Russia, China, Lebanon, South Africa, Jordan, Egypt, UAE, Australia, Japan, Lybia. You are still covered if you travel there. You must provide a residence address outside these countries in your application. The above list of countries is subject to change without notice. If you are in one of these countries, please contact us and we can discuss a different plan.
Other plans are available on request if the above don’t meet your needs. Make sure that you fully read plan brochure and terms and conditions before applying..
Applications can be sent direct to insurance company address as stated in brochures / applications or direct to:
c/o TFG Global Insurance Solutions Ltd.
#1500 – 701 West Georgia Street
Vancouver, BC V7Y 1C6
Note that the actual plan design, terms and conditions, deductibles, limits vary from plan to plan and company to company and are subject to change at any time without notice.
Companies with 3 or more expatriates can obtain even more extensive coverage with volume discounts with Expatriate Group Insurance Coverage. Some expatriates will also want to individual International Life Insurance and disability income protection as well.
For individuals wanting Short Term Travel Insurance under 12 months, please go to the Travel Insurance page for online policy information and even the ability to purchase protection on-line using a secure server!
If you are interested in learning more, have questions or would like a quotation, please contact Expat Financial via email or visit our Quote Request page. We will need your date of birth, location, citizenship, whether you want coverage for any dependants (include same info) & if you want the optional Medical Emergency Evacuation coverage.
Note: The policies we offer are not available via TFG Global Insurance Solutions Ltd. or its related web sites to citizens currently residing in the USA.
Click here to add your own text